Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Eureka! That's it!

Today I had an epiphany! For a couple months years, I have been trying to finish decorating our bedroom. I realized a while ago that a part of my lack of motivation was because the bedroom was also a mess. There are constantly baskets of laundry to be put away and always a variety of things tossed about. This mostly comes from the fact that we just don't have a large enough closet in our master bedroom. In fact, the walk-in in one of the other bedrooms is actually larger than ours (I do store some of my off-season clothes there).

Today, while flipping through the October Country Living, it hit me. Turn one of the spare rooms into a giant walk in closet. This way, our bedroom can be a place of peace, instead of constant clutter. Simplified with only a bed, nightstands and a chair or two.

Lucky for me D was on board with this immediately. I am pretty sure I have suggested this in the past, but this time he agreed that it was not worth keeping two guest rooms for the 2-3 weeks per year that it's used. Really, that bed is usually covered anyway with our luggage and such from our regular packing and unpacking.

And so it began... my mind started racing with ideas with the things we will need. I already have a floor length mirror in the garage waiting to be painted. Along with several dressers that might be able to serve duty as a island in the center of the room. I look forward to using that as a place for packing as well.

I also started thinking to all the CL items I came across in my searches earlier today....

an apothecary cabinet as an island?


I had also been drawn to this cane back chair, but didn't know where I could put it. Now I do! A little coat of white and some fabric... can you just see it?


a lawyer bookcase for shoes?


Some other things to look for...
a round ottoman
a wardrobe/armoire or two


Here is some of my inspiration:











I love Fergie's Ottoman!



I am off to scour Craigs List!

No comments:

Post a Comment